Although I’m a senior in college, I have an unhealthy addiction to kid’s crafts…like a newborn vegan trying to resist the smells from a steakhouse kitchen.
Hey man, I can’t help it! You KNOW you miss recess, nap time and snacks!
(totally feel like I didn’t appreciate those like I should’ve)
But I’m getting off track.
Craft mania usually occurs in my world when the following are combined:
- Free time
- Unquenchable thirst for crafts
I came across this neat idea and immediately went out hunting for supplies. Lacking a drill, I had to get a bit crafty (haha so punny) but it came out EPIC nonetheless! And on top of that, it became one of the most functional, successful, COOL Pinterest projects I’ve ever done!
Dinosaur Toothbrush Holder
What you’ll need:
- Plastic toy dinosaur
- A toothbrush
I found my plastic dinosaur at Wal-Mart in the kid’s aisle for $1! They had a lot to choose from, like a Stegasaurus, T-Rex, Triceratops, and a few others, but I swooned for the Brontosaurus. 🙂
1. Place the screwdriver in the middle of your dino’s back and tap the top with the hammer until you poke a hole through. Keep hammering until you get through to the other side.
2. The hole is skinny, so grab your scissors (I used a baby pair–easier to maneuver) and cut a cross pattern in the hole. From there, cut out the mini triangles from the cross until you create a circle.
3. Shape the hole until it fits your toothbrush. Sidenote: it’s better to make the hole a bit bigger than your toothbrush; if it’s too small your brush will never come back out.
4. Put it on your bathroom countertop and enjoy your prehistoric bathroom buddy!!
It’s so fun and so easy! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Now…. to try to resist the calls of Pinterest for a few more
days hours minutes. 😉