Last week, I was feeling like a rebellious, adventurous lemur.
I wanted to go outside, explore, be crazy, and have fun! But, cold and rainy weather put a damper on my plans. 😛
I HAD to channel my adventure into some avenue, so I decided to set out a quest to create a flourless cookie using the random stuff lurking in my pantry.
But I must warn you……whenever I try to create a recipe, it usually ends with fire alarms going off in the kitchen.
Let’s just say, I’m no Julia Child.
But once in a blue moon, a miracle happens.
I present to you, the GREATEST thing I have ever EVER made: Earthquake Cookies.
The reason they’re called “Earthquake cookies” is because they are:
- earth-shatteringly delicious
- their flavor bursts with the intensity of lava 😀
- 1 cup almond butter (I use this brand)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. chocolate PB2 (or peanut flour)
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp. chocolate PB2
- 2 tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 350*F and coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Stir wet ingredients together, and add in dry until thoroughly mixed and no chunks.
3. Get about a spoonful of batter and roll into balls. This can vary depending on how big you want your cookies. I was able to make 12. There’ll be a teeny bit leftover if you make 12…more to eat with a spoon mwahaha!
4. Bake at 350* F for 8-10 minutes. Ovens will vary, so be sure to check them regularly. I wanted soft cookies, so I baked mine for 8 minutes. For crunchier cookies, keep them in a bit longer.
5. Allow them to cool to room temperature.
6. While they’re cooling, you can make the icing if you’re feeling frisky. Simply mix 2 tbsp. of water with the 4 tbsp. of chocolate PB2 and stir until it becomes creamy. I was generous with the icing, so it only covered 3 of my cookies.
7. All that’s left to do, ENJOY!!!!! 😀
These cookies are soft, buttery, and rich with a nutty, fresh aroma reminiscent of gingersnaps! When you bite into them, you’re hit with a dark chocolate-like flavor from the PB2, but as you keep chewing, the almond butter shines through and creates a fantastic after-flavor! You’ll definitely have to elicit every fiber of your self control not to consume the whole plate.