This past weekend, I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting.
Reflecting, dreaming, questioning, pondering…
I turned 22 last Wednesday. I graduate from college this May. I have no idea what I want to do with my future.
Basically, everything has hit me like the odor of a freshly-opened tuna can.
Many of my friends seem to have their futures planned out: some are going to grad school, some are engaged, some are even having kids. Warp speed living.
And well….this pretty much sums up my current position…
A few weeks ago, I came across this post, and it’s helped me a lot during this weird stress coma I’ve been experiencing. It’s strangely comforting knowing I’m not the only 20-something who’s still trying to figure out their life.
God has a plan for my life and I just have to keep trusting Him. It won’t be a straight, predictable timeline and at times, it’ll seem illogical and I’ll feel like I’m moving away from my aspirations. But He sees the BIG picture. Everything I’m going through now is shaping me and preparing me to be the person He created me to be; the person that will reach her destiny and honor Him in the process.
All of these reflections inspired me to set some goals for myself in this 22nd year on the globe.
In the future, I want to look back on this year with joy and satisfaction… and no regrets!!
I’m posting these goals to hold myself accountable (and to have an accessible copy if I lose the piece of paper I wrote them on haha), so without further ado, here’s my ambitions for my 22nd year on the globe! 🙂
- Travel A TON, explore, experience new cultures.
- Strengthen my relationship/prayer with God.
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s of science in Marine Biology.
- Continue weightlifting, gain more muscle.
- Find a job I’m passionate about.
- Stop picking at my food when I’m stressed.
- Work on my road rage: more patience, less cussing.
- Keep journaling my thoughts to decrease stress.
- Be flexible.
- Hike more.
- Stop being so hard on myself to be perfect.
- Be spontaneous.
- Stop judging or comparing myself to others.
- Get a tattoo.
- Take more pictures.
- Plant a tree.
- Take a spin class.
- Go horseback riding more often.
- Read for fun.
- Smile at myself in the mirror every day.
- Compete in an extreme obstacle course 5k race.
- Get a new pet….preferably a gecko or lizard.
I’ll bold out the items I accomplish and keep it updated. I can’t wait to see what adventures this year will hold.
The future may be scary, but that’s what makes it magical!! 😀
How do you combat stress about the future? Have you ever made a goals list for your birthday?