My new favorite food ever is macadamia oil.
Sadly, it’s hard to come by, so when I find it at a health food store, I stock up like a blizzard is coming.
You may be thinking, “Hey! I’ve seen that oil before, but wasn’t it on a shampoo commercial?!”
….this is true….but this oil’s benefits don’t just apply to hair!
Some of the benefits include:
- Higher levels of monounsaturated fat than olive or flaxseed oil
- High levels of Oleic acid which has been shown to reduce inflammation, boost memory, increase testosterone, and reduce asthma symptoms. It also helps lower LDL levels (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol).
- No trans fat and low polyunsaturated fat
- Has a smoke point about 40*F higher than olive oil, so you can cook it at a higher temperature without burning out the good fats and their benefits.
But no amount of health benefits can outweigh the delicious flavor it adds to food! 😀
I give you, my new favorite lunch accompaniment:
Macadamian Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of fresh cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 2-4 tbsp. macadamia oil (depending on how big your cauliflower batch is)
- *optional seasoning of salt
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Pour oil into a mixing bowl and add in the cauliflower, making sure to coat the florets well.
- Put florets equally spaced apart on a baking sheet or in a 9×13 baking pan
- Roast them in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until they begin to brown. Turn the cauliflower every 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy hot or cold!