Grain Free Banana Fingers
(grain free, gluten free, paleo)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 medium bananas
- 3/4 cup egg whites (or 6 large egg whites)
- *optional: stevia, pumpkin pie spice, or other sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. If your bananas aren’t ripe, mix them in a food processor until creamy. If ripe, just mash them by hand.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well so there’s no chunks.
6. Bake at 350*F for 27-30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
7. Cool, cut and devour! I cut mine into 8 slices.
The taste is mostly nutty, but then you pick up a teeny hint of banana at the end. It’s not overpoweringly sweet, actually it’s pretty mild, so if you prefer super sweet things, you may want to add in more bananas or additional sweetener. I was also surprised at how moist and cake-like they turned out!
My favorite way to enjoy them is hands down dipped in sunflower seed butter on a festive fall plate