Hunka Chunka Chocolate Brownies
(adapted from this epic recipe)
13 squares Ghirardelli 100% cacao chocolate
1/2 cup ghee or butter
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. raw honey
2 eggs (beaten)
3/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350*F.
2. In a bowl, melt ghee and 6 squares of the chocolate in the microwave. It took my microwave about a minute and 30 seconds. Stir well.
3. Add in the honey and stir until it’s a smooth consistency.
4. Stir in the beaten eggs, flour, and vanilla. I used about 20 drops of vanilla stevia.
5. Break remaining 7 squares of chocolate into tiny chunks. I put them in a plastic bag and used a hammer 😀
6. Fold the chunks of chocolate into your brownie mixture.
7. Spray an 8×8 pan with nonstick Pam and bake mixture for 20-25 minutes. Depending on your oven, this will vary, so be sure to do the “toothpick” test and bake until the toothpick comes out clean after poking it in the center.
8. Cool and cut into 9 brownies.
Enjoy plain, crumbled in a smoothie, or topped with ice cream and sprinkles! You could also add walnuts, chocolate chips or pecans to bring in another texture element. They have a rich flavor with hints of intense dark chocolate from the chunks. Very dense and delicious! Hope you enjoy!!