Kangaroo Sweet Potato Chili
(adapted from this recipe)
- 1 lb ground kangaroo meat (could sub beef, chicken, turkey etc)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 3/4-1 tsp. garlic salt (or 3 garlic cloves)
- 1 cup diced baby carrots
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp. spice blend (pictured below)
- 2-2 1/4 cups water (or chicken stock)
1. Brown kangaroo meat in a pot and drain off extra grease. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and add garlic salt and carrots. Saute until semi-softened.
3. Add ground kangaroo meat with spices, stir well.
4. Add in sweet potato cubes and water.
5. Cover mixture and bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium/simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes or until sweet potato cubes are soft.
6. Serve on top of rice, or accompanied with chips, cheese, sour cream, or whatever your heart desires! 🙂