Low Carb Gluten Free Fiber Bread
High Fiber Almond Flour Bread
(gluten free, grain Free, paleo, low carb)
- 3/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (ignore the soda pictured)
- 4 tsp. psyllium husk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350*F
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and then add in the wet. You may have to add water to the dough if it gets too thick.
3. With a spatula, pour dough into a greased loaf pan or cake pan, totally your preference. (I made 2 batches over the weekend and thought I’d have variety with different shapes)
4. If using the loaf pan– bake for 36-37 minutes. If using the cake pan– bake for 20 minutes.
5. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
It tastes nutty, but not in an overpowering way. It’s reminiscient of good ol’ fashioned homebaked bread and pairs SUPER well with cashew or sunflower seed butter! Even with meat (like a regular sandwich) it worked just fine. And no worries to those of you out there worried about a coconut flavor– you can’t taste it at all! My dad approves and he is coconut’s #1 enemy. Another added bonus?? All that psyllium sure helps in the digestive depot if you catch my drift