Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs and Vegetables
(gluten free, paleo)
- 6 quart crockpot
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- ~1 tbsp. ghee or oil
- 2 russet/baking potatoes, skinless
- 2 cups whole baby carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tsp. Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (with skin)
1. Grease a 6 qt. crockpot with ghee and set temperature on LOW. You could sub nonstick cooking spray instead.
2. Place onion chunks in ghee. Cut skinned potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place on top of onions. Top potatoes and onions with baby carrots.
3. Combine water, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a glass and pour over veggies.
4. Arrange chicken thighs evenly on top of vegetables and sprinkle with Trader Joe’s seasoning.
5. Cover mixture and make sure crockpot is set to LOW. Cook for ~6 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.